Friday, June 26, 2009

Friends & Blessings

Here is a bit of profundity that was forwarded to me by Bob Hoffmann, a longtime friend and a fellow Happy Being. Thanks Bob.

People come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime.

When you know which one it is, you will know what to do for that person. When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed. They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with
guidance and support, to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually.

They may seem like a godsend and they are.
They are there for the reason you need them to be. Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end.
Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away.
Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand. What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled, their work is done.
The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is time to move on.

Some people come into your life for a SEASON, because your turn has come to share, grow or learn. They bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh. They may teach you something you have never done. They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy. Believe it, it is real. But only for a season.

LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons,
things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation. Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life. It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.


"Such is the moral construction of the world that no national crime passes unpunished in the long run... Were present oppressors to reflect on the same truth, they would spare to their own countries the penalties on their present wrongs which will be inflicted on them in future times. The seeds of hatred and revenge which they [sow] with a large hand will not fail to produce their fruits in time. Like their brother robbers on the highway, they suppose the escape of the moment a final escape and deem infamy and future risk countervailed by present gain."
- Thomas Jefferson

BLESSINGS
Today I had coffee with a delightful, good-spirited, and heartfelt friend. After returning home I wondered why we had been called to meet and chat. Sometimes when Cheri and I meet, I get off on a
tangent babbling drama that has arisen in my life. And in every instance in which I repeat that behavior while in her company, I end up wondering why I do that. After our little coffee get together I wondered to myself why I just blow all this crap out while conversing with her. Then I opened the email that is printed on the prior page While reading it I gained an insight as to why we were called to meet, and why, at this particular time, an appropriate email message was communicated to me vies a vie Bob, a sturdy old friend.

For two days last weekend, retreat participants were united with the frequency vibration of pure divine love. During that time in retreat, I requested that the light be brought forth, and that we adjoin in divine consciousness. For in divine consciousness the light leads the way, and the path of Reality is cleared. Through divine consciousness we were unified with the meaning of our lives and adjoined the mind of God. The messages that were spoken in the retreat were again made aware to me in during the following week.

You see, I was called to meet with my friend Cheri and receive a message from my buddy Bob because it was the Universe’s way of reinforcing my awareness of what love and life are really about. God had sent me two runners to remind me, and keep me on track. I was reminded that the intensity of my concerns and issues are fueled by my own desire to keep the fires of anguish burning. Through the presence and words of these companions I was reminded of my true reality. My mind was redirected and I again recognize the purpose this life would have me serve. These formidable friends are blessings. db¤

No comments:

Post a Comment